For live imaging experiments of cell cultures exposed to gradients
CellDirector is a microfluidic assay for the generation of stable concentration gradients in cell cultures. Excellent cell culture conditions allow for live cell imaging during experiments exceeding days. Use CellDirector 2D or CellDirector 3D depending on your application.
For chemotaxis experiments towards instantly formed gradients in 2D cell cultures.
- Easy to use – easy on cells
- Highly reproducible gradients
- Live imaging of individual cells for hours and days
- Distinguishes between random and directed migration
- All types of adherent cells can be used
Cells adhere to the assay bottom and 2D cell responses are captured in real-time in the middle gradient channel. Non-gradient cell responses are obtained from the two lateral control channels.
- Chemotaxis of immune & cancer cells
- Stem cell migration & differentiation
- Flow-mediated effects on endothelial cells
For advanced cell behavior, cell migration and cell differentiation experiments in 3D cell cultures.
- Stable and quantifiable linear gradients
- Bridges in vitro and in vivo conditions
- Quick set-up for new users
- Compatible with inverted and upright microscopes
- Single cells, spheroids and small tissues can be studied
Cells, spheroids or small embryonic organs are embedded in a 3D matrix. A linear substance gradient is formed through the matrix, allowing for cell responses under in vivo-like conditions.
- Bacterial and fungal responses to antimicrobials
- Initiation and suppression of angiogenesis
- Cancer spheroid chemotaxis
“I think CellDirector 2D is a powerful tool, as well as being user-friendly. CellDirector gives reliable results for measurements of real-time migration in physiologically relevant settings.”
F. Binet, Ph.D.
Dept. of Med Biochemistry and Microbiology, Uppsala University
“CellDirector is a fantastic gadget to connect biologists and engineers. It offers us new possibilities for exciting research.”
Z. Wu, Ph.D
Dept. of Engineering Sciences, Uppsala University
Next-generation antimicrobial susceptibility testingTake a look at our E-book